Monday, September 17, 2012

TTouch Workshop Part 1

Sappho snoozing during a rare crated-time.
Sappho and I had a wonderful time when we attended Lori Steven's fabulous workshop on walking in balance with our dog using TTouch. Not only did I get to spend the entire day with Sappho, we spent the day with NR foster mom and Adoption Coordinator Julee, and foster boy Dandy.

We attended the seminar on Vashon Island at the NW School of Animal Massage, on a beautiful farm with horses and dogs. It was small seminar, less than 10 people, so we received lots of individual attention and the dogs who needed space got their space!
Foster boy Dandy letting me practice TTouch on him!
I didn't get many pictures of Sappho because most of the time I had her in my lap, or on the table while I practiced TTouch on her. We learned a couple touches, practiced on human partners, and then practiced on dogs.

I learned so much about TTouch and after seeing the progress Dandy has made from being a completely shut down dog, afraid to move or interact, to seeing this confident boy who wanted nothing more than to lay on his tummy for scratches made me realize how much power is in TTouch!

Dandy and Sappho watch while their foster mom's learn the new touches!
Julee gives Dandy ear touches.


2 comments:

  1. Dandy is just all leg isn't he! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, that he is! He is an incredible dog. He came from an extremely abusive home and is one of the most shut-down dogs I have ever seen. Julee has done so much hard work with him and Dandy would still be trapped inside his shell without her. To see him relax so much around strangers is such a dramatic change words can't really express it.

      Delete