Friday, September 14, 2012

Conehead

Owen got neutered on September 7th, so in most cases he wouldn't have to still wear a cone! However a few days after surgery he snuck away and did a number on his incision. It swelled up and started to look infected, but I kept a close eye on it and applied neosporin a couple times a day. He wears the Comfy Cone, which is made of a soft, firm padded cloth and doesn't have any sharp edges or hard plastic.
He's doing better now, but each time I take his cone off he tries to bother his stitches unless he is actively engaged with me or his foster sisters, or eating! So while I can't watch him he continues to wear the Comfy Cone. These pictures are from him kenneled in the car, where he stays during the day while I'm at work.

While Owen is usually a pretty good sport, sometimes he does want to try and play on my emotions and act like the most pitiful, pathetic little dog this side of the Cascades! Here he is after 15 minutes after going out for a walk, hoping I'll feel bad for him and let him out of his crate for cuddles or more walks!


No comments:

Post a Comment