Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bone day!

Owen is a little guy, only about 7 pounds when he first came to us. He's been putting on a little bit of weight and might be closer to 8 pounds now, but he won't get much bigger! Since he is such a petite fella I knew I couldn't give him the big chicken backs that my girls get. Instead, we started him on duck necks.
Taking the first bite.
I didn't know how Owen would do as it isn't uncommon for dogs to not know how to tackle raw meaty bones the first time they encounter it. Owen though dove right in! He is extremely food motivated though and because of that I wasn't too surprised at how quickly he ate the bone, although I was impressed by the speed considering he finished faster than Maya who outweighs him by about 4-5 lbs!
Owen is a youngster at only 18 months, and his teeth look fantastic. However it's important to give him raw meaty bones a couple times a week to make sure his teeth do stay nice and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment