Thursday, September 20, 2012

All The Best

Headed to one of my favorite stores!
Very close to where I work there is one of my favorite pet stores - All the Best Pet Care. This is a local chain that sells wonderful products. Unlike most pet stores, especially big box stores like Petco or Petsmart, you can walk into an All The Best and be guarenteed to walk out with a food safe and healthy for your pet. They sell only high quality food and treats, don't sell any products sourced from China (which has repeatedly been the source of products that sickened or killed pets), and the staff are knowledgable and helpful.
Gotta stop for a potty break first!
All The Best is also a frequent stop for my fosters for socialization. Most dogs that come into rescue benefit from socialization and the staff know me there and are used to my sometimes odd requests. I've frequently stopped in there and asked them to put the store dogs up, asked them to sit on the floor and feed treats, asked them to ignore and not approach my dog, or other requests, and they are happy to oblige.
Two of the staff's dogs greeted us at the door - a big Great Pyrenees puppy (whose name I can't recall) and Jack, the Italian Greyhound. Owen was a little unsure about that big puppy, so I asked his owner to put him in the back until Owen gets more comfortable.
Getting to know each other.
We wandered around the store, and Jack showed Owen all the most interesting places to sniff!
After a little while Jack got bored and wandered to his bed, but Owen wanted to see if Jack would play with him (Jack respectfully declined.)
So Owen went his own way, and disocvered a whole section of high quality treats! He of course went for the huge bones first, but to Owen these are just the right size for a dog of his "giant" stature!

After we picked out treats for him and his foster sisters, we headed out since Owen was getting tired.
And of course, a potty break for the road!



No comments:

Post a Comment