Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lucia Update, Part 2

After we loved on Lucia for a while and chatted, it was time to play! Her first foster parents brought a cat ball for her, as Lucia is a great lover of kitty toys!
Afterwards Lucia settled down for a nap, following her brother's example!
Ray shows Lucia how it's done.
Lucia does it pretty good herself!
On a more personal note, this visit was very healing for me. She is a very special dog who is talented at worming her way into your heart and enchanting you. While her adoption was a source of great joy, it was also a source of immense pain when I let her go. I missed her desperately and couldn't even look at pictures of her for about three weeks after the adoption. I've continued to miss her, but something wonderful happened that day.
I realized Lucia has moved on. She still loves me as she still loves her first foster parents. However she has bonded to her Momma and I'm a good friend now only. I saw how joyful she is and how she is living a charmed life that would be the envy of almost any dog. I could finally let go and love her as a former foster dog who I will always love, but who is living a better life than I could provide her. She is unconditionally loved by the incredible woman who adopted her. Lucia doesn't need me anymore, and and she hasn't needed me since she was adopted.

After a wonderful visit it was time to head home, but along the way I stopped in Olympia to drop off the sweetest Jack Russell foster dog, sweet Paisley, with her foster mom. She is the cutest Jack Russell I think I've ever seen, and rode perfectly in the car!
Sweet Paisley is up for adoption!




No comments:

Post a Comment