Friday, April 26, 2013

Guilt Trip

Nathan the Pixie-Bob
This week I'm petsitting a couple wonderful kitties. They live only a couple miles from work, so I drive over on my lunch time. It's a bit of a race making sure food, water, and litter box are taken care off, then its time to sit down and give the kitties some loving. With their Momma spending some time in Hawaii both boys have settled for my attention until they can get the real deal again!
Baxter the Snowshoe.
While I enjoy taking care of these sweet boys, it does have an impact on my pack. I try and always give the kitties 15-20 minutes of attention, and the dogs 15-20 minutes of walks in a nearby park. 
Disgruntled because I stopped petting him.
Baxter is a little more shy.
Sometimes my timing is off, and I only have a 10-15 minutes left after the kitties. This gives me two options - go back to work and try to get them out for a rapid potty break, or stop by the All the Best close to work for a treat run.

One day last week that is exactly what we did! I was running late, so we took a Guilt Trip to the store! Each dog got treats for some stimulation in the car since I didn't have time for the walks.
Cody REALLY had to pee.
Phew, finally some grass to wee on!
"I'm good, lets head in to the store!"
Sappho is the first to love on a staff member.
Not to be outdone, Cody jumps up for kisses.
And finishes with a butt scratch.
 After getting some much welcomed loving, we grabbed out treats and raced back to work. While this was a Guilt Trip, it still was a controlled, positive experience and the dogs got treats that are both healthy and fit into their daily diet. Not all Guilt Trips are bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment