Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Visitors


Just about one month ago, Karrah and Eric let me take Lucia as my foster girl. They have been following her progress since then, and they have missed her badly. She has such a personality, and is such a loving, engaging little dog. I know that when she gets adopted my house will seem emptier without her presence!

I knew they missed her, but I wanted to give Lucia time to settle into my pack before we brought in Eric and Karrah again. It's important that Lucia bonded to me as her primary caregiver, or else I risked her getting anxiety after Eric and Karrah left due to feeling like her people were leaving her again.
She is settled into our pack though, and I couldn't wait for them to see her progress! We met first in the front room with Sappho and Maya on the other side of the gate. I knew Lucia would be happy to see them, but I didn't know if she might display some resource guarding, or if she would get so excited that she would become anxious around my girls.

After we spent some time in the sitting room, I let the girls come in one at a time. Lucia did fantastic. She focused entirely on Karrah and Eric and beyond a sniff at my girls she didn't pay them any mind.
Knowing how much Lucia loves to play, we moved into the backyard so Lucia could do what she loves best - playing with Eric! They had a wonderful time with the Jolly Balls, and meanwhile Sappho got some loving from Karrah. Sappho will never pass up a chance at getting cuddles!









No comments:

Post a Comment