Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I got tutored!!


Inca had a big day yesterday - he got neutered! He did very well. When I picked him up at the vet he was very sleepy but wagged his tail when he saw me. I picked him up and a young boy asked to pet him. I said he could pet Inca on his shoulder if he was gentle, and he gave him very soft pets with the back of his hand - very sweet! Inca just hung there - probably too tired to react very much, but he seemed happy to be held so I hope he also enjoyed the pets.

Here he is in the car immediately afterwards - suprisingly alert.


 However as soon as the car started moving he konked right out - poor little soul!

He came with an Elizabethan Collar but those are pretty unfriendly to dogs so once we got home I switched him to an inflatable collar that dogs seem to tolerate much better since it doesn't impede their sight.

He is on kennel rest for at least a few days to give his body some time to heal without him jumping around or running. He is not a fan of this nonsense though and so likes to give tremedous groans in his kennel to tell me just how unfair it is that he is kenneled and his foster sisters are out.

He did get a small reprieve though - while I made dinner in the kitchen he was leashed to a doorknob so he could stand there and watch me and stretch his legs a little.


Sappho, Queen of the Crates in our house, decided that since Inca can't appreciate the majesty of a crate, she will relax in it!


Life will be back to normal for Inca soon though. The above picture was taken Sunday night prior to his surgery - he just loves to cuddle! You don't even have to do anything....just remain still and he will do all the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment