Friday, November 30, 2012

Gaining confidence!

Hanging out in the living room with everyone.
Cody continues to blossom and gain confidence! Last night he met our housemate and her partner and while they were careful to not pet him, he made himself known to them by vigorously rubbing up against them! He is starting to seek out my husband more often for some loving, and with me he is turning into quite the wiggly, twisting, grinning baby boy.
I continue to manage my touch with him. I can stroke him with my fingertips and even give him scratches, but I keep that touch brief. He enjoys long strokes down his back, under his chin and  chest, and I can easily grab his martingale collar to clip and unclip his leash.
Last night we spent more time together than we had before, but in a very low-key fashion. We spent time sitting on the floor in the living room with three other people in the room, and then he spent about two hours in the kitchen with me behind a baby pen. I had to grind meat to prepare the raw diet for the pack (and the cat) for the month, and the grinding noise didn't phase him at all. He trolled around the kitchen a bit, graciously declined any raw tidbits, but he did get a wonderful surprise when I grabbed something off the top of the fridge and a special toy fell down...
A furry squeaky toy!!
This toy is a refill for the Kyjen Tail Teaser! Cody had a fun time with this toy - he didn't try to destroy it, he just carried it around for a bit and shook it a couple times. Sweet man is starting to come out of his shell and show off his awesome personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment